Guys, what is the cleanest lake in Berlin/Brandenburg within decent reach time from Berlin Mitte?
- Straussee is really nice and clean but by public transport you need more than one hour. Schlachtensee is also nice.
- I have visited a lot of lakes in berlin. Müggelsee was the best!
- Wukensee is really nice, but no direct train connection. It’s not far from Berlin it’s just bad connected. With bike + train combo it’s a piece of cake to get there. S2 to Bernau, switch to RB 24 to Biesenthal and then bike to this great spot. The big advantage, it won’t be crowded. Anything easy to get to like Krumme Lanke or Wannsee will be packed at almost any time of the day and week.
- Definitely, Flughafensee which too is an amazing place a bit off the beaten track.
- Here you can check if the lakes have any toxic algae warning.
- Surprise surprise: the best ones are not so easily reachable by public transport.
- It’s over an hour by car but Werbellinsee was crystal clear last summer.
- Liepnitzsee and Govinsee (near Bernau and Buch).