As a small business owner, my question is, are we aloud to open if we want? Or is a law that we are prohibited from operating a business on a public holiday?
- You can’t open on Sundays and public holidays.
- Working on public holidays is generally prohibited. Exceptions are only service industry employees.
- You can operate your business (with higher pay) if your company does anything like this:
- Press agencies
- Transport companies
- Gastronomy, Hotels, Lesure (Theater, Koncert, etc.)
- Meteorological services
- Waste management services
- The fire department, Emergency services
- Security services
- Non-profit organizations, Churches and Parties
- Police, German Armed Forces, Customs