Hey expats, does anyone regret moving to Berlin?
- It’s not a place for the faint-hearted. Especially during COVID times.
- Everyday. The only thing making me stay is my loved one.
- I was like this until I got a support system here. Since last year, I’m happy and glad to be here.
- Nope. Never… Berlin
- Once the lockdown is over we will all feel differently.
- I never regret being in Berlin, whatever happens.
- Could be worse, you could be stuck in the U.S.
- Sometimes I am thinking of how it would be to still be in my hometown close to most of my friends and family. But then I remember how much I miss Berlin when I am not here
- I left for a while so I wouldn’t have to suffer through the lockdown period. Was quite okay going to my home country where COVID restrictions are a fraction of what is currently in effect in Germany.
- I’m so thankful to be here. I feel so much safer and healthier.
- Moving to Berlin was the worst decision ever. But it is just because of my experience…
- I regret I didn’t come here 20 years ago already.
- Sort of. I’m so homesick but it’s also nice to be in a place that actually takes it seriously. I know in a few weeks things will be safe again. If I was at home in the US I would just be in a similar (though self-imposed) situation but with COVID at a much higher and more dangerous level.
- Not regretting leaving “home”, but regretting ending up here a lot. Should have done more research before moving.
- I partly regret. I like Munich more than Berlin, but the people … Nonetheless, now I don’t see any difference between rude Berliners and rudeness anywhere in Germany. So I feel okay to move. I know what to expect as a foreigner in Germany.
- No. Berlin is a uniquely beautiful city, and Germany is an advanced prosperous country with law and order and social solidarity, in the heart of Europe. Yes, there are flaws, but that’s everywhere.
- You’re not the only one, there are 6000 people less in Berlin than last year. The great reset has begun.