I don’t speak German, so my question is, what is a good way to submit my tax declaration in Germany without speaking the language? I am employed and was working in Berlin the whole year.
- Normally, if you are just an employee, you don’t really need to declare your taxes at all.
- If you were in Kurzarbeit during the year and received Kurzarbeitgeld, you HAVE TO declare your taxes. I would suggest to do it via Taxfix app/web, they are helpful and their service is in English as well.
- Get yourself a good English-speaking tax accountant (=Steuerberater), who will do everything for you. But you will need to pay for their service.
- I was declaring my taxes with wundertax. Very satisfied.
- If you have a German friend, you can do it together with them (just buy them a nice dinner for the work) using the official Elster Portal.
- Not sure if they have an English version, but SmartSteuer helped me a lot.